Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Assignment

I got my first assignement.
I even got to take Rho with me, who is supposed to keep a log on everything that happens.
That really made me glad, because I really couldn't have pictured myself going on my first assignment alone.
My assignment was to find information on a P.I named Kudrow. Appearantly he or she has been making plans to infiltrate the Archive. Normally they would have people for that the Martyrs, but this wasn't a sure thing, just a rumor.

I was supposed to investigate if that was true or not. What I decided to do was to stakeout his office at a nearby coffee place, which gave me & Rho a chance to talk for a while.

"So what's it like being a gifted?"

That reminded me that I wanted to write some of Cindy Clark's memories down and post on this blog.

"It's awfully unsettling."

"Really?"

"Yeah, this Cindy Clark has not had a nice life it seems"

"That's a shame, I thought it'd be cool, full of wisdom and stuff"

She looked disappointed  even with that look she still seemed really cute with her red long hair fluttering about as she moved her head. I may have a bit of crush on her.

"How old are you or don't you remember that?"

"20"

I was a bit off.

"How do you know that?"

"I found my old library card in my wallet. The name was scratched off, most likely the doing of Grandfather, but my birth date was there. 29th December 1992!"

"So that's why you thought it was cool I knew my name"

"Yeah"

How long have you been with the Archive?"

"A year"

"been fun?"

"It has been alright, I guess. But I think it can be a bit dull."

"Really, so you're a woman who likes excitement"

"I think you're just the man to provide that" she said seductively, crossing her fingers.

"I bet I am."

We ended up talking for quite some time. This stakeout was fun, although Kudrow never entered or left his office.
Tomorrow we're going to break into his home to try to find something.


1 comment:

  1. I think you would find Kudrow better if you spent less time flirting with hot redheads and spent more time actually doing your proper work. You are kind of a sorry excuse for an investigator at this point, but I guess you're just starting out.
    I wish you good luck, Zack!

    ReplyDelete